Thursday, February 4, 2010

Visual Essays


I enjoyed looking at different people's visual essays in class last night. It's amazing how many interpretations we all have for the same project, and how many ways we can use the computer as a tool to create a captivating narration.

While I didn't have my project with me, I recently purchased a flash drive and will now have the opportunity to use it to bring my power point to class, another new technology to add to my repertoire.

I loved this project as a teaching tool for composition students. It's personal, creative, challenging, and it pulls the class together as we help each other navigate the web, and it works for students of all ages!!
(I had to leave the photo out of my essay, but I wanted you all to see how happening I was with my cool plaid pants. Even then I couldn't find pants that were long enough!)

3 comments:

  1. Hahah! I love it! How tall were you? My roommate is 5'11 and she wears boots when she can't find pants that are long enough. Tip of the (tall) trade?

    And, I agree with your post. I think that this project is really exciting. The wave of excitement came over me slowly, but today I found a cool website that I think is going to make this happen. I'll explain later... still in brainstorming mode! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Diane,

    Thanks for the blog... Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane, tall girls do have issues finding pants long enough, one day someone will realize that not all girls are shorter than the average guy :)
    And I love the idea of the boots that Jasmine brought up, if I wore boots that would be added to my little bag of tall girl tricks.

    ReplyDelete