Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I did it!

For the first time ever I used power point to give a presentation. I spoke to 500 grammar school students yesterday, and borrowing from my class presentation, created a power point specifically for them. I inserted a photo of one of their favorite teachers, placed butterly graphics on the page (their school mascot), and included a lesson on writing stories with graphics that pulled the students in to the lesson. It was a big hit, and a former school superintendant told me that it was one of the best presentations he had seen, because I involved the students in the presentation, kept it moving quickly, and had lots of humerous anecdotes (of course a few of them were about his granddaughter - but still!). I was thrilled! I'm going to attempt to attach the power point to Twitter, and just want to thank you all for helping me learn a new technology that has immediately paid off for me. Dr. Rhodes - you're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment